To establish and
a local-to-global cooperating body
of individuals, groups, and networks for the pursuit of peace,
and an environmentally sustainable civilization
for all races, cultures, and religions
based on universal ethical and spiritual principles.
The Peace Wheel forms a
basis for an interactive educational process whereby many diverse
perspectives, projects, and actions get committed, connected,
and converged into a common ground of understanding.
We the People declare our interdependence
- our connection to the Source of All Life and to all life forms.
We affirm that diverse individuals, groups, and networks are
necessary for the creative development of humanity; and that
to strengthen UNITY-AND- DIVERSITY throughout the universe is
our individual responsibility and privilege.
We therefore pledge:
- To affirm the existence of a Supreme
Beingness, called by any or no name;
- To advance both individuality and
human fellowship through mutual trust, understanding, and respect;
- To seek truth in the spirit of love;
- To integrate reason and faith, science
- To insure that all aspects of life
be kept in dynamic balance for maximum health and wellbeing;
- To respect the teachings of the prophets
and sages of all times and cultures;
- To provide present and future generations
with the opportunity for full realization of their potentials;
- To build with joy a new civilization
of freedom, justice, and peace founded on reverence for life.
Being of a common sacred origin, We,
the People, hereby declare our interdependence. We shall kindle
the torch of hope, link hands over space and time, and fulfill
our interdependence through action.
Never doubt that a small
group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead